The West Virginia State Museum understands the needs of the general public and offers a variety of services to ensure the accessibility of the Museum and its newly renovated exhibits.
- Escalators and an Elevator are available in the Culture Center.
- The floor plan and select brochures are available in large print and in Braille from the Guest Services desk.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- Transcripts of the audio program are available in large print upon request.
- There is seating available along the way to rest when needed.
- There are ‘trained’ Human Guides available for special needs guests upon request at the Guest Services desk.
The Culture Center Theater is our home venue in Charleston, West Virginia. There are multiple spots throughout the theater to accompany ticketholders with mobility and wheelchair needs. You’re more than welcome to reach out in advance if you’d like our team to reserve seats, allowing those with mobility issues to sit with the rest of their party unrestricted.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We’re happy to give you an overview of what to expect as you make your way from your car door all the way to your seat.